Friday, April 2, 2010

Connection Timed Out - Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5

I have discovered what appears to be a bug with Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5. When running a multicast with a very large image (over 500GB) randomly during a ghost cast (between 3 - 4 hours in at random times) it comes up with "Connection Timed Out".

I setup PXE booting for both the DOS client using the latest NDIS2 driver as well as a WinPE version running ghost32.exe. Both of these had the issue.

I was previously running ghost Symantec Ghost Solution Suite version 1.1 at this customer which worked fine. After performing many hours trouble shooting I rolled back to version 1.1. Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 works fine when imaging workstations with images under 100GB.

In testing Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 2.5 and Symantec Ghost Solution Suite 1.1 both used exactly the same NDIS2 driver, same switches and same ghost cast server. I uninstalled version 1.1 before installing the 2.5 ghostcast server.

Because my environment was the same in both testing phases, it is definitely an issue with the 2.5 version of Ghost Solution Suite.

No comments:

Post a Comment